Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sad Announcement


Dear customers, friends, and collectors, it is with much sadness that our family must announce the passing of our mother, who’s knowledge and curiosity, made the Sacred Bead and this blog such special places online. She truly loved to research her rosaries and loved to teach people about them. 

For the immediate future the pages of the site with items available to purchase have been disabled to allow us time to formulate a plan to move forward with the site. While we are not experts in the field of rosaries, we are, however, versed in ecommerce, jewelry, and antiques, and will try our best to make available for purchase, at some point in the not so distant future, a portion of her remaining collection.

We will also make our best effort to archive the research that she did and make it available for collectors and other interested people.This blog will remain online, though only occasionally updated.
 
Please bare with us during this difficult time.
Her, Sons, Daughter, Sister and Nephew

11 comments:

  1. i am so sorry for your loss. i remember coming on here to research some rosaries i bought on ebay, this site is such a wealth of information. i appreciate all your mom did and sure she will be in good company with my dad.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the family of Rebecca,

    My prayers are with you and for your mother. Please know her research, collection and the care for her work/site was most welcomed and it has always been a fruitful visit for me each time I came. God bless your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. We at our vintage jewelry phoenix team were very sorry for the loss. We'll pray for your fast recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok...its been a year already , are you coming back ? If not why not just delete the page..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just looked up Collecting Rosaries and it showed me a beautiful red one .... As I wert to your page a read that your momma was the one that had this blog. I lost my momma 1 year ago nd still heartbroken <3 I hope and pray you and your family are doing ok. I think God sends us to places where we get inspired and help one another. I'm glad you didn't delete this page. You know they don't delete movies that stars have passed away. So,why delete this blog. And maybe you are someone in the family will take it over. God be with you and your family. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you

    Catholic Rosary Beads

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rebecca et al., so sorry about your loss. I came across your blog while researching the finger rosary used by the military during WWI & WWII & possibly other wars. The finger rosary I have has a crucifix with Jesus on both sides. Mary is not depicted unlike some of the crosses you explained which showed Mary on one side & Jesus on the other. I am curious if these rosaries are being prayed upon still or just being collected for artistic reasons. Let me know if you have any finger rosaries from WWI & WWII era as they appear to be common. thanks much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blessings of peace and comfort for you and your family, and honor for people such as your mothet, keeping such glory, prayer, and service alive. Without such honorable people, the hope of peace, compassion, and shared faithful prayer could have been lost to this Era of material money worship and pain... many thanks and appreciation from the heart,
    Jenni jjzeinner@ail

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This site is fascinating, I'm only just learning about Rosaries -(after my Dad passed; a grief distraction I guess)- I love Aurora Borealis Glass 1s, they're not the oldest or rarest but so pretty! Many thanks for sharing all this lovingly created & valuable information, it's a gift :)

    ReplyDelete